Atlas Machining & Welding, Inc. is searching for an experienced Fabrication Shop Supervisor to join our team. Our reputation of excellent customer service and quality product is built on our team’s loyalty, determination and expertise. If you have the required management skills, you may be the person we are looking for.
- The ability to Supervise and coordinate work assignments for approximately 10-15 Welders, Fitters and Helpers.
- The ability to create and maintain a fabrication shop workload/manpower schedule to meet or exceed required delivery dates with flexibility for Emergency work.
- The ability to work closely with machine shop, laser shop and mechanical shop supervision to determine the schedule for on time delivery.
- The ability to establish, maintain and improve implemented procedures to meet production processes, to ensure quality compliance with customers specifications and find improvements in manufacturing efficiency/standards.
- Provide feedback on quality issues and corrective actions.
- Train supervised employees on the operation of fabrication equipment such as: Press Brake, Rolls, Welding Machines, Plasma Burn Table, etc.
- The ability to perform hands-on participation in fabrication when shop workload requires
- Responsibility to perform semi-annual reviews of supervised employees with recommendations for improvement or disciplinary action while providing recommendations to management based on reviews.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement practices desired.
- Must have Practical knowledge/experience in Blue Print Reading, Fitting, AWS/ASME code welding and NDT methodology and processes.
- Technical Degree preferred, or minimum 10 years related experience in a fabrication shop environment, machining knowledge preferred but not mandatory.
- Significant hands on supervisory experience with strong coaching/leadership skills.
- Related experience with machine assembly and machine maintenance.
- Knowledge of ASME/AWS code and Quality Assurance Systems preferred but not mandatory.
- 100% Paid Highmark Blue Shield Medical Plan for employee and $10/wk per dependent
- Vacation and Holiday Pay
- Matching Dollar for Dollar 401K Plan
- Salary is based on experience. Applicant must pass a physical & drug screen.