DETAILER / PROJECT MANAGER
Atlas Machining & Welding, Inc. is searching for an experienced Detailer / Project Manager with a strong Machining, Fabricating & ASME background to join our team. Our reputation of excellent customer service and quality products is built on our team’s integrity, determination and expertise. We have a history of steady growth & profitability, and can offer you job stability, great benefits, and long term growth opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have machining, fabricating, sheet metal, and mechanical/assembly knowledge and experience. This position is responsible for managing the assigned projects and jobs thru the shop from start to finish. Duties include:
- Review of Purchase orders, specifications, drawings, and any other relevant documents
- Create BOM and shop drawings from customer supplied assembly drawings or part samples
- Create detailed shop drawings of parts for machining, fabricating, and laser cutting departments
- Generate buy-out parts lists and special order material requirements and relay to purchasing department
- Monitor costs to keep projects and jobs on budget
- Maintain close communication with plant supervision to ensure timely scheduling of parts to be manufactured for on-time deliveries
- Communicate directly with customer to resolve any issues: lack of information, quality issues, etc.
- Arrange & coordinate all inspections and shipping documentation
- Highly organized, flexible and have the ability to work necessary hours in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Technical degree preferred
- Minimum 5+ years working hands on within a machining, fabricating or sheet metal industry
- Strong Mechanical Aptitude
- Autocad, Solidworks, and Mircosoft Office Products proficiency a must
- Estimating experience a plus!
- 100% Paid Highmark Blue Shield Medical Plan for employee and $10/wk per dependent
- Vacation and Holiday Pay
- Matching Dollar for Dollar 401K Plan
- Salary is based on experience. Applicant must pass a physical & drug screen.